Frequently asked questions and answers.
This Help Center is intended for participants in fundraisers.
If your credit card is being declined you can do the following.
- Make sure you are entering the credit card number and expiration date correctly.
- Make sure you are entering the correct CVC code. American Express cards list the code on the front of the card. All other types of cards list this code on the back.
- If you try your cards a few times and it is declined, your credit card company may mark the charge potentially fraudulent and, even if entered correctly may be declined.
- If your payment continues to be declined, contact your credit card company or try another form of purchase.
Payment failed but shows a $1 credit card charge
The following explanation is available on the Stripe (the credit card processor) website:
When someone attempts to store their card to be charged later, we send over a request to their issuing bank for either a $0 or a $1 authorization (different banks permit different amounts) to verify that the card is issued and the bank will allow it to be authorized. Regardless of whether or not the authorization is declined, we reverse our authorization request immediately. However, even if the bank declines the authorization, some people may still see an authorization for $1 on their credit card statement. The important thing to remember is that this is not a charge, and it will disappear from their statement; depending on the bank, it will be removed from their statement in anywhere from a few minutes to a few weeks.
It’s also important to note that just because the bank approved a $1 authorization, it doesn’t guarantee approval when you actually charge the card. The authorization helps weed out a lot of the cards that would definitely be problematic, but it’s not able to guarantee that your next payment will be successful.
If you’ve tried to login but are unable, there are a couple of reasons why this might happen.
1. Need to register?
If you don’t have an account, click “Register or Create a New Account”. Fill out the form. You will automatically be logged in after you submit.
2. Was an account created for you?
If an account has been created for you by the organization, or you’ve participated in another event that utilized CausePilot, you may already have an account.
If the organization created an account for you, you may not have a password yet. Try to login, click “Send Login Link” for help logging in. You will receive an email with instructions.
Once logged in, create your password.
3. Forgotten your password?
If you participated in a previous event using CausePilot, you may have forgotten your password. Following the instructions to “Send Login Link” or click Reset your Password. This will send you an email to reset your password.
You cannot cancel an incremental bid. When you participate in an auction, you are committing to any bids that are placed. It is up to the nonprofit organization whether or not to allow cancellation of bids.
If you placed a bid and no longer want to win that item, you have two choices:
- Let the bid stay in place and trust that someone will outbid you.
- If you are not outbid, contact the organization (See Contact Us on the home page) and ask them to cancel the bid.
You CAN reduce a maximum bid to the last highest bid so you will not bid any higher.
If you have included your mobile number when creating your account, certain notifications like “You were outbid” or “You won!” will be sent by text. If you opted out of text messages then these notifications will be sent by email.
The organization may send certain updates regarding the event by text message.
All other messages such as receipts and confirmations will be sent by email.
If you are not receiving your notifications please check your Account profile to make sure you have not opted out of text messages or email. Also verify your information is correct.
Lastly, make sure you’ve added firstname.lastname@example.org as an approved sender. Check your spam or junk folder for missing messages.
Some email clients take longer to process email.
When ordering tickets you will be asked to provide the names and email addresses of your ticket holders. If you do not have the information at the time of purchase, you may self-claim all tickets.
You will have 15 minutes to complete your purchase or the ticket order will be cancelled.
Assign or Change
At any time, you can open your tickets (see ticket icon in menu) and reassign each ticket to the person attending. Updating your ticket holders will save a great deal of time at check-in and assist the organization in knowing who attendees are in advance.
Keep in mind, your purchase of a ticket shows support for the cause. Tickets can not be canceled once purchased. To cancel a purchase contact the organization directly. See Contact Us.
You can easily change or update your credit card on file.
Go to Account in the main menu. Choose update next to the credit card listed. Enter a new credit card in the modal and save.
NOTE: Your credit card is being save by Stripe, the payment processor, not CausePilot or the Organization.
It is important to understand that this nonprofit organization is not a professional auction company and this site is meant strictly for the amusement of its participants and to generate financial support for the nonprofit organization’s cause. Although the organization is using software, provided by CausePilot, to build and manage their auction(s), it is the nonprofit organization who is solely responsible for all auction content, as well as, feature, options, and management.
If you click the BID, BUY, or BUY-IT-NOW buttons on this website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following Rules which govern the auction/buyer relationship with you in relation to this website.
The term ‘Nonprofit’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ or ‘our’ refers to the nonprofit organization hosting this auction and the auction management software provider, Bidcoz. The term ‘you’ refers to the user, viewer, or participant in this auction. By using this website, you acknowledge an understanding of the following:• You must be 18 years of age or older.• This auction website is strictly for amusement and to generate funding for a nonprofit organization.
• This auction is note being managed by a professional auction company.
• We are not responsible for auction items that have been misrepresented by a third party.
• Unforeseen circumstances such as server problems, third party email services, internet connections, browsers, and merchant accounts, are outside of our control and therefore we can not be held responsible for actions that take place as a result of these circumstances.
• You understand that by submitting a bid or buying an item in this auction, you are entering into a legally binding contract.
• If you do not complete a transaction, and pay for an item, within the designated amount of time, you may forfeit that item and the next highest bidder will become the winner. This is at the sole discretion of the nonprofit organization hosting the auction.
• All payments are made through a 3rd party merchant account. The online merchant accounts accept credit card transactions. Your transaction is taking place on their server and not on the Bidcoz server. The nonprofit organization, at their sole discretion, may accept other forms of payment.
• Payments are submitted directly to the nonprofit organization’s merchant account or through Bidcoz’s merchant account, and ultimately transferred to the nonprofit organization. Once transferred, your only recourse for a refund or cancellation of payment, will be through the nonprofit organization.
• Email notifications are sent in intervals and/or batches and receipt is not immediate. Emails may be outside of our control and it is your responsiblity to monitor your own interests.
• Watching items in no way guarantees that you will be informed of its activities.
• Every effort is made to notify you when you are outbid, however, you may or may not receive the email notification before the auction ends or closes.
• Auctions may begin and end at different times on individual items. You are responsible for monitoring the items you are interested in.
• Most devices experience drift over time (meaning the clock becomes inaccurate). The time on our servers is regularly synced with Internet time servers to ensure auctions’ begin and end times are as precise as possible. Although your device’s time will likely be very close to the time on our servers, it’s always a good idea to bid early. Note that the auction countdown timer is based on your device’s time rather than the server’s time. In other words, if your computer or smartphone’s time is inaccurate, the timer will also be inaccurate and it may appear as though there is time remaining, or that the time has expired, when in fact it has not. The closing time of each auction is determined by NTP (network time protocol) and is set and periodically adjusted based on the atomic clock. Auction countdown reads as follows “D HH:MM:SS”. The countdown timer is for entertainment purposes only.
• We may choose to use an optional “Overtime Bidding” feature that adds 10 minutes to the end time of an auction when there is active bidding in the last 5 minutes of the auction close. This gives bidders an opportunity to place a final bid and minimizes sniping. This feature can be implemented a single time or until all bids are received.
• If two or more bids are received at the exact same time an error may occur. In such a case, you will be required to place another bid in order to continue participation in that auction.
• We may make changes, deletions, and additions to the auction and auction items at any time without prior notice.
• We will determine how auction items will or can be acquired by the winners who have completed their transaction and paid for their item.
• A small portion of the proceeds from this auction will go to Bidcoz for payment of their services. Determined by the nonprofit organization, this amount can be charged to the auction participants, as a percentage of the sale.
• You are solely responsible for any and all taxes that might apply to your purchase. Estimated values may be listed in the item descriptions. If the value is not listed, you can contact the non-profit for this information. Estimated values that are listed in the item descriptions are fair market values and are estimates provided by the donor or non-profit. Auction items may be tax deductible only to the extent that the amount paid for an item exceeds the fair market value. A receipt will be emailed to you for your tax records.
• All U.S. auction’s are operated and managed by nonprofit tax exempt organization.
1. Incremental Bidding: When bidding on an item, you must first meet the minimum bid requirement. All subsequent bids must be greater than or equal to the current winning bid + the bid increment.
3. Buy It Now: Some items may have the option to Buy It Now. This is a direct purchase of the item. If you choose Buy It Now, you will have 15 minutes to pay for the item or the order will be canceled and removed from your Checkout Cart. The auction on the item will continue until the transaction is complete. The Buy It Now option will no longer be available if bidding exceeds the Buy It Now price or if there is less than 15 minutes remaining in the auction.
Incremental Bid Example:
Minimum bid is $50 with a incremental bid is $5.
First bid must be $50, then next bid $55
Maximum Bid Example:
Minimum bid is $50 with a incremental bid is $5.
User #1: Bids $50 (min bid)
User #2: Bids $55 and sets a max bid of $100
User #1: Outbid by User #2 at $55
User #3: Bids or enters a max bid of $100, outbid, User #2 still has the winning bid at $100
User #1: Bids $200, User #2 outbid at $105
User #3: Bids $201, now has high bid at $201
User #1: Sets a max bid of $350, now has high bid at $206
Certain items in an auction may have a limited time to purchase. These are called Buy It Now or Fixed Priced Items.
Buy It Now may be an option on an auction item.
When you purchase items that have a limited inventory, for a fixed priced, this purchase will also time out.
Tickets and Raffle Tickets also are limited in availability so they will time out if not purchased within the designated time period.
You will have 15 minutes to complete your purchase or the items will be cancelled and removed from your checkout cart.
To create a maximum bid, click “Create Max Bid” under the bid field. This will open a new field. Enter your maximum bid and save. The system will bid for you up to this amount.
Click edit in the maximum bid area, change the entry, and save.
In the max bid area, click cancel. This will remove any additional bidding opportunity. Your last high bid will be your last unless you place another bid manually.
CausePilot is a software platform that provides a service to nonprofit Organizations allowing them to present a better fundraising experience for its supporters. There are fees associated with this enhanced fundraising program which include the software itself and credit card processing. As a nonprofit, raise money for a worthy cause, keeping costs low is crucial. To help the nonprofit offset these costs, CausePilot offers options to pass these fees to participants in the form of a Processing Fee.
• The Nonprofit Organization may require participants to pay a fee, which is a percentage of the checkout cart total. If they have chosen this option, it will appear in the user’s checkout Cart as a “Processing Fee”.
• The nonprofit Organization may ask for your consideration in paying the fee. If they have chosen this option, the fee will appear in your Cart; however, you will see an explanation box that gives you the option to Accept or Decline paying the fee. If you decline, the fee will be removed from your Cart.
By paying the fee, you are contributing a little more to the Organization to offset their costs related to the event.
If you have a question for the Organization, close this page and return to the event website. From the event’s website, choose Contact Us in the main menu.
Enter your question in the box provided and submit. This will send your question directly to the organizers of the event.
To contact the software company, CausePilot, choose Contact Us in the main menu of this page. CausePilot will not be able to answer questions related to a specific event or campaign.